25th July 2012

Dear Winter Coat,

I cannot even count the years we've been together.  You’ve kept me in your warm clutches for so many winters, and our friendship has been a faithful one.  I remember one year when you almost couldn't button up around me, but together we persisted and you still held me through the cold months. 

Thank you for all those years.  It saddens me to see you in tatters now.  Of course, it's only me and you who are privvy to that.  On the outside you still look as fresh as the day we met, but your lining has torn and your insides have unravelled and you’re not quite holding it together. 

Sure, I think we’ll possibly make it to the end of this winter, but I know I’ll then have to say goodbye.  Let’s go out a few times before then.  Let’s walk in the cold, dodge the rain and rug up on a park bench somewhere.  I promise to make the most of you.

Thank you.  I’ve loved you

X

jojobee

No comments:

Post a Comment